Hurt by a Dangerous or Defective Product?
Product Liability Lawyer on Recalls and Manufacturer Responsibility
As a San Diego product liability lawyer, Frederick M. Dudek represents individuals injured because of defective or faulty products. In his practice, Fred has helped his clients with many personal injury claims involving defective products, including problems with aircraft, apartment buildings, medical devices, municipal water systems, dangerous drugs, car parts and more. Large companies with vast resources and legal teams do not intimidate Fred. He believes in doing what is right and if that means going up against giant corporations and manufacturers for his clients, he will do so.
What is Product Liability? When is a Product Defective?
All products available for purchase, from children’s toys to prescription drugs and medical devices, need to provide a reasonable level of safety to those who buy and use them.
The cause of a product being defective is typically associated with flaws in the:
- Manufacturing – Did the company use cheap or inferior parts to make the product? Were errors made when building the finished product?
- Design – Was the overall design flawed, even if the company manufactured the product correctly?
- Packaging – Was the intended use of the product properly explained and included with the product? Did the product come with the appropriate warning labels?
When the court considers a product liability lawsuit, some of the factors it will take into consideration include:
- How the product was marketed and packaged
- Was the consumer using the product reasonably or as intended
- Did using the product directly cause injuries or death
- How long has the product been available on the market
- Was the product recalled for safety issues
Product Liability Attorney Working with Experts to Prove Your Injury Claim
In preparing a product liability lawsuit, Fred often utilizes the expertise of industry specialists to determine how a product caused the injury or death. Specialists our San Diego personal injury lawyer may consult with include the following:
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Hydraulic engineers
- Life expectancy experts
- Golf course designers
- Safety experts
Talk to a Lawyer Experienced in Product Claims
Attorney Frederick Dudek has extensive experience pursuing fair and just compensation for victims of defective products. His thorough preparation of products liability lawsuits has resulted in pre-trial settlements of several important cases; however, many of the claims are subject to confidentiality agreements, which prohibit disclosure. Fred never settles for anything less than the fairest injury compensation amounts for his clients.
If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury caused by a product you believe is defective, speak with an attorney to learn how you may be able to seek financial compensation for medical bills, lost income and other damages your injury has caused in a product liability lawsuit. Call Fred today to schedule your consultation for free attorney advice.